Monday, August 23, 2010

hobby, recipe, website, YouTube

30 day blog challenge 20, 21, 22 & 23/30

I got behind on the blog challenge this weekend, so I'm going to catch up here.

my hobby

I haven't met many hobbies that I don't like, except scrapbooking.  The one that I do the most is cooking.  I love to cook for my husband and try new foods.  I would go to culinary school if I felt like I would be happy with the food industry working environment.  I have a little idea that I'm tinkering with that involves food and may also provide a small income.  I'll let you know if it works out.  I also sew a little, knit, draw silly cartoons, play board games, play video games, work logic puzzles, and read.

a recipe

I picked this recipe because my sister and I were just talking about making these last night.  One day I'm going to have a signature recipe.  Maybe it will even be a secret recipe, don't know yet.

Potato Cakes

Ingredients

2 cups of mashed potatoes
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup ap flour
salt to taste
1 pinch of garlic salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup shredded cheddar

Directions

1. Combine potatoes, egg, flour, salt, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Melt butter in frying pan over low heat, drop lumps of the potato mixture into the pan, enough to make the cakes the size of a pancake when flattened to 1/2 an inch thick.  Sprinkle the top with cheese and cover with a little more potato mixture.
3. flip the potato cake over when browned on one side about 7-10 minutes, then brown on the other side.

a website

I've been checking The Daily Dragon a lot lately.  Only 10 days to go!  I can't believe I am leaving Lucas for four nights!  I'm going to miss him so much, I just hope I can relax and have a good time.  I really didn't think this would be a problem when I booked the room last year, just a week before he was born.  I'm still excited, though!

a YouTube video

I've never been able to get into watching YouTube videos.  I have friends and family that watch one thing after another and then want me to watch it with them.  I get bored easily.  I don't really have that problem when watching television though. I love Tosh.0, I even tried to get tickets to his stand-up tour but all of the decent seats were sold out.  This one is old but it is still funny.  Poor little guy, I've felt like that before.




Is this real life?

for tomorrow: tickle #4

No comments: