Friday, August 6, 2010

Tickles

30 Day Blog Challenge 6 of 30

I have a lot tickling my fancy right now, but the 30 day challenge requires that I post about my fancy five times so I will save the others for later instead of making a list.

This is what I was thinking about last night after reading an article in an old Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine that I was trying to purge. 

Being from the area, I have always heard of Thomas Wolfe, especially after his childhood home nearly burned down several years ago, but I've never read Look Homeward, Angel.  It's not a wonder that I haven't read it.  The book doesn't really seem like my thing.  According to the article it caused quite the stink around Asheville when it was written and that interests me.  My plan is to read the book and then visit his restored home.  Apparently, it was a boarding house and the backdrop for many of the stories in the book.  Since this wouldn't be any fun to do alone, I am going to ask Jennifer to join me.  It will be perfect since she moved to Tennessee and we've been planning to meet each other in the middle for a visit.  That reminds me, I need to ask her.  I hope she's down with the Thomas Wolfe Challenge and this isn't another Our Mutual Friend repeat.

For tomorrow:  A photo that makes me happy

1 comment:

rxervin said...

You guys always were plotting to do somethin'... : ) Good luck with this one! Sounds like fun!