Monday, August 2, 2010

My Favorite Movie

30 Day Blog Challenge 2/30

This one is hard too.  I can't pick just one favorite movie so I am going to make a top five list.  I rarely watch a movie more than once but I have seen all of these multiple times.  Here they are in no particular order:



1. Goonies - I wanted to be a Goonie when I was a kid.  I'll bet most of our generation wanted the same thing but I'll also bet that no other kid had the elaborate Goonie daydreams that I had.  If this list had been my favorite movies as an adult, I'm not sure Goonies would make the cut.  "Amy, you Goonie!"



2. Star Wars (original trilogy) - I know it's actually three movies but it's my list so I'm making/breaking the rules.  I love all films about space and I have many favorites that I could list but Star Wars is, of course, the best.  The worlds, storylines, and characters are so imaginative and endless.  I love it.



3. Dark City - This one has moved down the list over the years but it is still visually my favorite.  I think about this movie often.



4. Pulp Fiction - This is the most quoted film around our house.  I just wish the language was a bit milder so that more people could enjoy it, but then it probably wouldn't be as good.



5. 12 Monkeys - I used to be obsessed with this movie, such a great story.  Still my favorite Brad Pitt role, he looks so crazy!

Ok, so my list is a little sci-fi heavy but I have rules about movies.  I don't watch things that make me cry.  The more realistic the film, the more pointless it is in my book.  To me, movies are an escape.  I can cry and ride an emotional roller coaster by watching the news.

Phew, this was hard and there are at least three other movies that I feel bad about not mentioning.  That's so silly.

For tomorrow:  My Favorite TV Show

No comments: