30 Day Blog Challenge 2/30
This one is hard too. I can't pick just one favorite movie so I am going to make a top five list. I rarely watch a movie more than once but I have seen all of these multiple times. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Goonies - I wanted to be a Goonie when I was a kid. I'll bet most of our generation wanted the same thing but I'll also bet that no other kid had the elaborate Goonie daydreams that I had. If this list had been my favorite movies as an adult, I'm not sure Goonies would make the cut. "Amy, you Goonie!"
2. Star Wars (original trilogy) - I know it's actually three movies but it's my list so I'm making/breaking the rules. I love all films about space and I have many favorites that I could list but Star Wars is, of course, the best. The worlds, storylines, and characters are so imaginative and endless. I love it.
3. Dark City - This one has moved down the list over the years but it is still visually my favorite. I think about this movie often.
4. Pulp Fiction - This is the most quoted film around our house. I just wish the language was a bit milder so that more people could enjoy it, but then it probably wouldn't be as good.
5. 12 Monkeys - I used to be obsessed with this movie, such a great story. Still my favorite Brad Pitt role, he looks so crazy!
Ok, so my list is a little sci-fi heavy but I have rules about movies. I don't watch things that make me cry. The more realistic the film, the more pointless it is in my book. To me, movies are an escape. I can cry and ride an emotional roller coaster by watching the news.
Phew, this was hard and there are at least three other movies that I feel bad about not mentioning. That's so silly.
For tomorrow: My Favorite TV Show