Thursday, September 9, 2010

DC loot

I made some nice purchases at dragoncon this year.  I had my heart set on a "my other vehicle is a TARDIS" bumper sticker for the new Jeep but I didn't find one in any of the three dealer rooms.  I think I will order that today.

I got a couple of prints and a coloring book from the print shop at the art show.



















The Fantastical Dragons coloring book is all mine.  The images are single sided on quality paper so I plan to hang a few in Lucas' room when I am done.  Alex even asked for one to hang in the garage.






Pac Attack























 
and Zombies Playing d&d.  I couldn't find a title or an image online for this one, even on the artist's site so I took a photo.  This is my favorite.

















I even showed this one to Dave Tango and Steve Gonsalves.  They were standing in line behind us at the art show buying a real painting.  Dave said it was cool, he seemed like he was trying to be very nice.  Steve was meh, I remember hearing someone on Ghost Hunters say that he was an ex-cop.  I can kind of tell.  I also saw Amy Bruni at Perks in the Hyatt and Chris Gore wearing a Zorro mask in the elevator hell at the Hyatt.  Those Ghost Hunters were all over the place.  I saw a lot of other stars at the Walk of Fame but they were behind their tables signing their super expensive glossy photos.  It's way more fun to stumble across one of those guys waiting in line or sweating in an elevator like the rest of us.  I did get excited and stare a LeVar Burton, Summer Glau, Edward Furlong, and Vork and Zaboo but I refused to pay for an autograph.

I got some new buttons and a new necklace.  I've recently read on Apartment Therapy that the Keep Calm and Carry On poster is no longer acceptable decor.  I guess that's why I still have mine in the living room :-)  I still like it and I liked this necklace and button too.  The Say Anything button is my favorite.








































I also got a pretty matching die set and a roman numeral dice that I think I am going to carry in my purse for decision making purposes.

Alex got the Vengeance Trilogy box set from an anime dealer and a Monty Python and a Dr Who tee shirt.


I also found these two stickers on a table at the Hilton.




















I wasn't cool enough to realize that the ROR stood for raff out roud.  I had to look it up.  Totally racist but awesome.  Alex has dibs on the mooninites.

We brought Lucas a stuffed whale shark from the aquarium.  Those whale sharks and manta rays were huge and that aquarium is the best that I've been to. 

This was my favorite costume, the rest of the photos are on my flickr page.






















We had a great time.  Drinks were had, games were played, people were watched, drums were drummed, R2 units were examined, panels were viewed.  I can't wait until next year!

No comments: