Sunday, January 25, 2009

cough, hack, sneeze

Beware, there are germs in the hills. Seriously. My parents came home with some dreaded illness a few weeks ago and now I am following right along. Yuck. My house is a mess, my dogs are stinking, I'm out of clean underwear, and there's so much that I need to do-but I just can't.
I did manage to make this cake.
I totally used the orange dish towel to cover up the floury mess that I made on the stove top. I've also overloaded on the television this week. Dr. Who, Lost, BSG, the Food Network (inspiration for the cake). I hate that I long to watch these programs. I pine to live in a television-free home. I picture myself having a surplus of time that I can spend enriching my life. Crafting, conversation, baking, playing with the animals. Who am I kidding, how will I play xbox or wii without a TV and I'm sorry but Battlestar Galactica and Lost are fraking awesome, not to mention the bloody Doctor! Maybe I can just get rid of cable again. That's a step, right?

I wish I would have made this cake. Maybe next time!

random soundtrack courtesy of iTunes: It hurt so Bad- Susan Tedeschi


2 comments:

rxervin said...

Lovely cake, Amy! Now, how did you manage to bake that but not put a load of dirty laundry in the washing machine?!?! Hmmmm??? LOL! I'm such a "mom"!

Amy said...

Thanks, Roxanne. Laundry is boring. Cake tastes good. The choice was simple.