Friday, June 11, 2010

sweet

I just decided, after killing a half gallon of sweet tea, that I am giving up refined sugar.  I'm not ready to tackle the carbs yet.

Maybe I should have waited until I baked those chocolate muffins that I've been thinking about, finished that pint of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer and  got rid of that economy sized tropical lemonheads that I got at Costco the other day for $1.97. 

Nope!  I'm doing it now.  What better time to start than Summer?  No aspartame, saccharin, or splenda either.  I'm pretty sure that stuff is cancer.

1 comment:

rxervin said...

Good for you! I ponder doing the same thing for us. It's not such an issue for the kids, I already limit their sugar a lot, but Rob and I REALLY love our sugar. Sigh.

Hey, we're neighbors now! We live in Taylors. We really ought to get together for a playdate. My girls love babies!