Tuesday, August 18, 2009

#90

The 10th was Alex's 31st birthday. I made him a marble cake and we went to Miyabi's with my family where he was forced to do the chicken dance. I love it when Alex does embarrassing things. He's so silly and it makes me laugh.

One of my favorite memories was our first trip to the ren faire together. Alex yelled and really got into the jousting match. I was happy that he was having fun and he didn't care about what people around him thought. He was different from the guys that I was used to and I loved it! Now, we have fun when we go places and make the best of our time together. I really wanted to go out of town the weekend before his birthday, since we probably won't have the opportunity again before the baby comes and we were both off of work on Monday, but it didn't work out. Mom and Dad Said went to Alaska and we stayed with Michael, Jasmine, and Jovanni since they are so bad and can't be trusted to be alone. Well, not Jasmine, just the boys. We made up for it by taking a day trip to Riverbanks Zoo last Saturday. It was fun and hot. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable and I have to pee all the time so the zoo in August may not have been the best idea. I was reminded of our very first trip to the ren faire, we made the best of our trip and had a great day! I'm not sure how I feel about zoos now, though. I can see where they do wonderful things with protecting endangered species but I couldn't help but feel sorry for the penguins. They had their backs to us and they were facing a fake horizon like they thought they could wander off into the sunset. The penguins made me sad.

I got Alex some new shirts and a board game for his birthday. I'm going to read the directions now so that I can teach him how to play when he gets home.

Tomorrow, my Mom and I are going shopping for my little sisters wedding shower gift. Her shower is this weekend! I can't believe that we have less than two months until she's married and we have a new Said in the house. Yikes!

1 comment:

rxervin said...

Wow! Lot's of excitement in your life these days!
Congrats, Julie!
So excited for you and your new little one coming soon, too.