Saturday, February 7, 2009

multi-tasking

I managed to bake, do laundry, and upload photos to flickr this morning. Yay for me! I made cupcakes for an old friend that's having a birthday party this evening. The "old friend" is a double entendre because I have known him for a long time and he is getting old. Hehe. Just like when Hannibal Lecter said that he was "having an old friend for dinner" but different.

The chocolate one is from the super easy Self-Filled Cupcake I recipe. The green one is a margarita cupcake, the recipe is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I'm not a vegan. I think if I de-vegan the recipe next time, I may be able to get a little more height from the cake. I regret that I only had green crystallized sugar. It doesn't look much like a salt-rimmed glass but that is what I was going for. I love my sweetie pie plate and I can't wait to use it each February. I picked up some of the cute owl valentine stuff from Target last weekend. Alex told me that it's beginning to look pretty girly in the kitchen. It must be a phase. I hope it stops before I beg Alex to let me get this cute pink fridge Well, I'm off to be productive.

soundtrack for Saturday morning: Bad Boy Bill - Bangin' the Box vol. 3 (cause it keeps me moving and it reminds me of my sweetie)

No comments: